Thursday, January 19, 2006

Back to Normal?


The holiday's are over now we are back to normal, as much as one can be. On Sunday night we resumed the Children's program which went well. On Monday I helped Morning Star church pass out fliers in a middle class neighborhood asking for food to help those in need make it to the end of the month since high heat bills eat into food budget. Tuesday I subbed at Kokomo Academy in Science and then went to Carmel to visit a parishioner in the hospital. On Wednesday, I spent the day writing and planning. I have added a post to my rechurch blog discussing the three ways I believe we can engage the community along with a discussion on duplication, competition, and collaboration in the church community. I also planned my sermons for the next six months and organized a presentation. Led Bible Study last night. Today I will be attending a ministerial meeting and passing out door knob hangers in our neighborhood inviting folks to our new worship service at 10:45 this Sunday, the service will be very different you can read about it here. On Saturday I will be speaking to the United Methodist Men from St. Luke's UMC. Before Sunday I have to prepare a sermon and bulletin. I am also finishing a new project called Artreach that will start next week. Thanks for the prayers.

Jeff

No comments: