Monday, April 03, 2006

The Weekend

Wow!!!!! What a great weekend. Here are my highlights:

Saturday

  • Attended a Lenten Breakfast heard a good speaker
  • The art class went well all the kids were there with their great teacher
  • During Art Class the art teacher brought a man to my office. I thought I wonder what he needs...food, rent, etc. He came to offer bread. I actually have been praying for more bread as we want to pass out food to 200 residents as this is spring break and children are not eating at school, which could put a stain on food supplies in homes
  • Also During art classes we received 1000 pounds of potatoes
  • At 11 on Saturday Morning five of us went into neighborhood and passed out door knob hangers that reminded people to change their clock and we gave them a battery to replace in their smoke alarm. We did not go to the apartments as their smoke detectors are wired in their homes. We passed out 200 hangers while Morning Star Church passed out 800 in other areas of town.
Sunday

  • Services went well. Still no one at 10:45. Looks like that will be falling by the wayside.
  • Sunday Night Outreach went very well, the best yet.
  • Three new volunteers including a man from St. Lukes that sat at a table and a young couple who attends the Free Methodist Church who is presently living in the apartments. Very very nice couple who want to continue to help.
  • Sunshine until after 8:00 PM. I am one the few who really like daylight savings time. The later the sunshine the better I feel.
As I write this on Monday Morning I am getting ready to go to work at the Academy. I am working this week on M, W, F. On Tuesday we have a great friend that is going to do an Art Class in not just one but two of the public housing apartments. We hope that will also be the day we pass out food. God is so good. Thanks for the prayers. Jeff

No comments: