Saturday, April 19, 2008

more speaking engagements

This week I spoke at the Sunday night service at the Free Methodist Church. I have never seen a crowd that large on a Sunday night. I had a great time preaching about Outreach. Today I was invited to share with the Carver Center Board of Directors. For those of you who are not from Kokomo, Carver Center was started during the time of segregation. Black folks were not allowed in the Y. Carver Center is like the Y in many regards, however, in recent years many white kids have played in the basketball leagues and of course the Y welcomes all people. Both black and white kids go to school together and young adults have little prejudice, thus producing may bi-racial children. Finally, it appears that in Kokomo race is mattering less and less. The only place that is really racially divided in town is our churches and that is sad :( . I know there is hope and I believe that KUO and Carver Center will be able to partner in various projects to create a better community.

Tomorrow I speak to a rural church in Tipton County. I will update that later. thanks Jeff

No comments: