Thursday, June 30, 2005

Brokenness

God has led me to some people that are struggling with brokenness in their lives. I am beginning to build relationships with people that live on the edge of life. Who struggle everyday with issues that consume their life. There is a great deal of addiction, denial, worry, pain, suffering all around me, yet in the midst of it I personally am experiencing joy. I am praying that God will give me wisdom to know how to respond to those who are suffering. I have met several parents who have deep concern for their adult children. I met a group of folk sitting on their porch at the apartments right across the street from our house. We had part of sheet cake left and we took it to them. They were very excited, as they went in their homes grabbed a fork and dug right in. I am noticing smiles on the faces of children and we are encountering many people that travel down the alley that is located between our house and the church, it leads to a convenience store. I would guess nearly 100 people travel that route a day, boy do I have some plans when we finally get moved in. The house is progressing but a bit too slow for me. I have to keep reminding myself that we really weren't supposed to get it until tomorrow. So we really are ahead of schedule. We had an incredible Bible Study last night as we began studying the book of James. The conversation was good and as always I learned a great deal preparing the lesson. This Sunday I feel lead to speak about freedom, using the scripture, where Jesus says, "If the son sets you free, you are free indeed". Please pray that some of those who need to be free will experience that this Sunday. God has blessed us with great friends, it has been good to spend some time with some of them this week. What a gift.......Jeff

No comments: