Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Huddle

Yesterday I went to a men's weekly Bible Study at the YMCA called the Huddle. It starts at 12:10 and ends at 12:5o, to accommodate men on their lunch hour. They started with prayer had a 2o minute talk and then 20 discussion groups. Groups sat around tables that had an assigned table leaders. My group was very good, I took away a lot and it has caused me to do a great deal of thinking. One of the guys at my table looked very familiar and he said thought I looked familiar. We figured out that he sold me a sound system when I was the pastor at Hillsdale. There were one hundred men there. This is one of the things I am focusing on with Kokomo Urban Outreach, places outside the church where lives can be nurtured and transformed. It was very good day. I have been working all week on what I am calling a church re: start. The church is to a point that we have to do something radically different or close. Radically different is my desire, but we shall see what the church desires. Thanks for the continued prayer. Jeff

No comments: