Thursday, July 14, 2005

3-2-1-CONTACT

Unbelievable morning!!!!! I made many contacts with neighbors. Here is how it went down. We removed acres of carpet from the parsonage. Carpet was more than 20 years old and was so pet stained the smell was unbelivable. Chris couldn't even stay in the house because of allergies. We put the carpet in the garage praying for a way to get rid of it. We called the city and they called this morning and said they would pick it up this afternoon. So I began to drag out the carpet and suddenly the neighbors appeared asking if they could have it. One guy about 22 said his 2 year old son loved spiderman and he wanted the blue carpet for his bedroom. I explained that it wasn't very clean and he said it was better than what they had. Another young man wanted the biege carpet, a woman took some more. I was able to engage each in conversation and I felt I really contected with the blue carpet guy. I met his son too. The language was rough and I cringed when the mother of the little boy told him to shut his f-ing a-- up, my heart broke. However, these are the folks God is calling me to reach so I will do my best. Jeff

No comments: