Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Events of the day

Yesterday we spent all day driving to Lowell and Olivet to finish school stuff for both boys. We drove over 300 miles! Today I enrolled Jonathan in College. We went to the High School to enroll Andrew, but found we could not enroll him today. (We made an appointment for him tomorrow at 8:00 am.)

This afternoon Chris and I are traveling to Indpls to visit a parishioner in the hospital. Later I will be going to Greentown to call on a 101-year-old woman in the nursing home who is approaching death. There is also a man I need to see in the local hospital. I plan on being home around 6:00 so I can go out and pass out Praying for Your Family cards.

This past Sunday the Trinity Church committed to pray for their neighbors. Every two weeks we will pray for a section or a whole street, praying for each family living on the street. I will be going to each home to tell them we are praying for them and ask them if they have any prayer needs. I will give them a card telling them that we will be praying for them on Sundays. The card tactfully explains there are no strings attached. Please keep us in your prayers as we move into new territory.
-Jeff

PS: Thanks M for editing my posts.

No comments: