Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tour Guide


Yesterday I spent the day at the UAW passing out school supplies. We gave away nearly 5000 items. I was able to meet some very nice people and it was so good. Today I worked at a school with a group passing out school supplies through a carnival. It, too, was good. Our Bible Study at the church last night was exceptional. After Bible Study, Patric and Laura were at our house and spent the night. We had a great time with them. Yesterday and today were such gifts. I am very, very excited to see what God is doing here.

I just finished a book, Velvet Elvis, by Rob Bell. It is a great book everyone should read. I learned in the book that missionaries do not take Jesus to anyone; Jesus is already there. What missionaries are to do is to be "tour guides," pointing out Jesus to those who have never seen him. I am enjoying being a tour guide. It is so much easier to say to people in conversation, "Didn't God do a great job then?" or "I know that God has something good in mind for you - let's try to find out what it is!" or "We can pray about that." I am not sure when I have felt more alive.

I continue to ask for you to pray for us, as we continue to reach out to others. Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.